The mission of the Cataloguing Division is to provide bibliographic access to materials and resources in support of the research and instructional programmes of the University. Access to materials in the libraries collections is available to library users through the online catalogue, KRISALIS.
Subject analysis and organisation of all formats is accomplished using the Library of Congress Subject Headings (for engineering books). These and many other tools are used to promote consistency throughout the online catalogue and the library's collections.
Materials are maintained and processed for the library collections by some of the following functions:
- Catalogue newly acquired materials quickly, efficiently and accurately
- Physically process materials quickly, efficiently and accurately
- Maintain a current knowledge of cataloguing standards and sources
- Periodically review and update cataloguing procedures and policies
- Continue to contribute accurate holdings in KIK (Katalog InduK Kebangsaan) for national and international access to library materials
- Continue to maintain the integrity of the online catalogue, KRISALIS to facilitate searching and retrieval of materials
For further information, kindly contact:
Head of Division
Junainah Abu Seman
Senior Librarian S44
Telephone : +604-599 5106